Memorial Day is right around the corner and so comes the glorious time of summer. This is the perfect time to dust off that grill and have a party celebrating and remembering all those who died in active military service. Chelsey and I wanted to share some of our favorite food dishes and drinks to help make a Memorial Day party spectacular!
The one drink you must have at your party
One must have when you have a Memorial Day party is drinks! Chelsey and I both love Sangria and it is perfect for the holiday! We have found that Welch’s Sangria red juice works perfectly to mix with wine or have on its own as a non-alcoholic beverage. Just combine the Sangria juice with your favorite wine (my mom gave me some wine from Florida that is delicious) and voila! The perfect drink for the Memorial Day holiday.
You can even add some blueberries into the drink or as a garnish if you are feeling extra patriotic!
My Go To Non-mayo Based Recipe for Parties
My go to recipe for summer parties is a pasta salad dish. I’ve had experience with a mayo based pasta salads at summer parties and it did not end well! So I messed around in my kitchen until I found a decent recipe that ISN’T mayo based.
Here’s what you need:
1 box pasta
2 bell peppers
1 can black beans
1 sweet yellow onion
½ cup olive oil
1 packet taco seasoning
Cook your pasta, drain it, and let it cool down. Then dice your bell pepper and onion and add into pasta. Drain and rinse the can of black beans and add it into your pasta. Off to the side measure out the ½ cup of olive oil and whisk in your packet of taco seasoning. Once everything is thoroughly whisked together…add it to your pasta and stir until everything is coated.
Memorial Day Sales in Stores
So many stores have some awesome deals for the holiday weekend. Here is a list of our top stores and offers!
- Nordstrom — The Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale is almost here! Valid 5/23-6/3.
- Macy’s —Take 20% off during the Memorial Day Sale with code MEMDAY. Valid 5/23-5/28.
- ShopBop — Sale’s in bloom! Save up to 40% on thousands of new warm-weather styles. Plus, free shipping & returns!
- BooHoo — Take 50% off full-price items. Valid 5/25.
- Yoox —Up to 40% off. Valid 5/22.
- Ssense —Shop up to 50% off. Valid 5/22-6/3.
- Barneys — Receive up to 40% off. Valid 5/22.
- Moda Operandi — Take up to 50% off select designers, including Alexis, Johanna Ortiz, Temperley London, and more. Valid now through 5/24.
- Revolve — Take up to 50% off sale items. Valid 5/18.
- Bloomingdales— Take an extra 40-50% off already-on-sale items, plus an additional 20-50% off select full-price items. Valid now through 5/28.
- Nordstrom Rack — Clear the rack for deals up to 70% off. Valid 5/25-5/28
- Ralph Lauren— Take an additional 30% off select styles. Valid 5/22-5/29.
- Calvin Klein— Take an additional 40% off sitewide. Valid 5/22-5/28.
- Good American— Receive 40% off all sale items. Valid 5/23-6/5.
- PacSun— Enjoy $20 off orders over $100. Valid 5/15-6/17.
- Kenneth Cole— Take $30 off $100 and $50 off $150 with code SAVEMORE (excludes select sale items).
- Wayfair—Save up to 70% sitewide. Valid 5/21-5/29.
- Asos– 20% off full price and markdown with code EVERY20.