It’s officially spring! WOOHOO!! It’s time to get your clean on! I’ve been cleaning, arranging, and rearranging around my house and at work for over two weeks now (you can just ask my coworker…he’ll tell you what I put him through on the daily).
I’d like to say that everything in my house stays perfectly tidy all the time but that’s not true by a long shot. I’m not a fan of cleaning I tend to push it off until the weekends and Courtney can attest to the fact that I hate doing dishes (mainly the utensils part) with a passion.
That being said I do love getting everything deep cleaned and organized and that’s something I like to do quarterly. I have a system when deep cleaning and organizing (down to about 3 custom playlists on my phone) and I would love to share some tips, tricks, and checklists with you guys!
- If you can’t get a good clean in any small crevices. Use cotton swabs covered in cleaner!
- If you have a glass cooktop stove, take baking soda and sprinkle it on top of your cooktop. Then, get a large bowl and fill it with hot water, 1 cup of vinegar, and around 1 tbsp of dishwashing liquid and stir it a bit. Then take two dish towels and soak them in the water mixture. Once they’re soaked, ring them out and place them on top of the cooktop, making sure the entire surface is covered. Wait around 15-20 minutes before wiping off. I usually start with this when I’m cleaning my kitchen and I’ll set the timer on my microwave. Then I’ll go to work on something else until the timer goes off. Once 20 minutes has passed, you can take the dish towels and wipe over the whole surface of the cooktop until it’s clean!
- Unclog a drain by taking ½ cup baking soda followed by ½ cup vinegar, pour it down the drain, covering with a cloth. Wait 5-7 minutes and then chase it was hot water!
- ALWAYS SANITIZE YOUR KITCHEN SINK AFTER YOU USE IT! Your kitchen sink carries more bacteria than your toilet seat!!! You can clean it with an all-purpose cleaner and then follow it with a vinegar cleaner. (recipes below in the tricks section!)
- Sanitize your washing machine by pouring vinegar into it and setting to the clean cycle.
- When washing and drying comforters, blankets, and pillows add a couple of tennis balls into the load and it will keep everything from getting lumpy!
- Do NOT use vinegar cleaner on granite! It strips the sealant off!!!
- Make sure you clean your dishwasher by running a cycle with a specialty cleaner, Affresh Dishwasher Cleaner tablets, once a month.
- Make an all-purpose cleaner by taking an empty spray bottle and filling it with 4 tbsp baking soda and warm water! You can add a few drops of essential oils like lavender, peppermint, or lemon to the mixture. They’re all natural antibacterials!
- Taking an empty spray bottle, fill it with ¼ cup vinegar, and warm water. VOILA!! You now have window and glass cleaner! You can add a few drops of essential oils like lavender, peppermint, or lemon to the mixture. They’re all natural antibacterials and they’ll mask the vinegar smell!!
- If you have a pet who gets hair everywhere, this trick is for you! Instead of using a lint roller, put on rubber gloves and wet them to collect those pesky hairs.
Enter your email below to get access to your FREE full in-depth cleaning checklist! Once you confirm subscription an additional email will be sent with your checklist!!!
Spring Cleaning Checklist